Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Weed Control



I hate spending time removing weeds between the pavers. I checked in the local Bunnings and they suggested using Roundup. It’s about $17 for 1 litre. I have sprayed it on the weeds and it did the work.  But I find it too expensive and hence I started searching the net. Finally I found some other alternatives and found it very effective and cheap.

I mix 1 litre vinegar with 1 cup common salt in my bottle sprayer and spray it on top of the weeds. That’s the end of my weed problem. I have cleaned the sprayer after the use. Vinegar tend to corrode the rubber parts inside the sprayer. Hence do not leave it uncleaned overnight.

Another alternative is to use Baking Soda. Baking soda neutralizes the pH in the soil. This soil will not be good for any plants to grow. Do this after the rain as it may wash it down to the gutter. So I brushed Baking soda between the pavers. I normally repeat this treatment twice a year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment